• Organized by Faculty of ICT & Media, SAITM
• Type of competition - Group competition
* This is an amazing opportunity for young and talented short movie makers to blossom-up and promote your team and your school.
Your group must be consisting maximum of five members.
School Senior category (Grade 10 to Grade 13 or above O/L and Students who have sat for the A/L in 2015)
• All schooling students from grade 10 to Grade 13 or above O/L and Students who have sat for the A/L in 2015 (or similar level) can apply.
• Registration will be closed on 31st October 2016.You must send your scripts on or before this date (Note: only the script is required and Scripts can be sent via an email or post. Email: stem2016ICT@gmail.com)
• A workshop on “story board development” and “camera work and editing” will be conducted on 07th & 08th January 2017 for all participants by a team of industry experts.
• Best 10 groups presenting their scripts will be given 5000/= per group for developing the movie as a financial support. These 10 best groups will be announced during the Workshop.
• The selected groups must submit their final short film on or before 30th January 2017 via post / courier or by hand to the Faculty of ICT & Media, SAITM.
• 10 selected winners will be announced on 11th February 2017.
• All Scripts/ Short Movies must include:
- The full name of the student;
- The name of the Short Film;
- The name of the School;
- The School branch(if applicable only);
- The entry level (E.g. School Senior);
When Submitting the Final Short Film, these details must be neatly and clearly typed on a 4cm x 5cm white piece of paper and attached onto the FRONT bottom right hand corner of the CD/DVD Cover.
• Each Short Film has to be stored on a CD/DVD. No diskettes, pen drives will be accepted.
• Submitted CD/DVD will not be returned.
• When Submitting the Short Films, each short film must have a name. The Short Films' file must be saved in the CD/DVD using the name of the file as the file name (for example if you named your exhibit "My school", you must save the file of the movie giving the name “my-school”) (The movie file name saved under any other name different from your movie name will not be accepted). Make sure the proper file extension is included with the filename)
• When Submitting the Short Films, a detailed description of the following must be saved as a Microsoft Word document named ‘description’ within the submitted CD/DVD (Files saved under any other name will not be accepted).
o Full names, NIC number, phone, home address & emails of group members
o How the short film was created
o The software package(s) and versions used
o The computer used (Mac/PC/Linux)
o What inspired the group to create the short film
(All 5 points above must be included or the short film will be disqualified.)
• No other information (other than that asked for) should be stored within the CD. Unmarked, unreadable, wrongly named files will be disqualified. Extra files will be disregarded.
• All work handed in MUST BE ORIGINAL created solely by the students group. Any Script / Short Film that is found not to be an original work of the student will be disqualified.
• The work must not include images of companies or actual company logos or trademarks unless, written permission from the owners have been obtained for the use of these images. Work cannot be used to advertise specific companies or persons and no website information, addresses or phone numbers of persons or companies should be included in any work. If you use actors, make sure they sign a ‘consent’ letter and a scanned copy of this letter should be included in the CD/DVD.
• There is no limit on entries of Scripts / Short Films per Institution; however, only one Script / Short Film per team will be accepted.
• The “SAITM STEM‘16 – Participant Registration Form” available at stem.saitm.edu.lk must be completed online, on or before 30th September 2016.
• You must send your scripts on/before this date (Note: only the script is required) and scripts can be sent via an email or post. Email: stem2016ICT@gmail.com
• A workshop on “story board development” and “camera work and editing” will be conducted on 07th & 08th January 2017 for all participants. Participation is mandatory for both workshops.
• Best 10 scripts will be selected and will be announced during the Workshop. Also, each best team will be given 5000/= for developing the movie as a financial support.
• All valid participants will receive a certificate of participation
• All completed short movies should be handed over in person or via post / courier, on or before the 30th January 2017 to the Faculty of ICT & Media, SAITM.
• No late entries will be accepted.
• The entries for display will be judged on technical aspects, creativeness, artistic attributes and originality of the work, judged by a panel of judges consisting of SAITM staff and industry experts.
• The award ceremony will be held at SAITM on 11th February, 2017.
• Selected winners will be notified to schools prior to 07th February, 2017.
• Winning movies will be exhibited during the award ceremony at SAITM on 11th February, 2017.
Prizes for the most outstanding entry and other prizes and certificates for exceptional exhibits will be awarded as below:
• All valid participants will receive a certificate of participation for the final round. • Each team member of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize winning Teams, are eligible for a full scholarship in “SAITM Diploma in Interactive Media”, worth Rs.40,000/=